Return to: Barberton History Through Postcards
Fire Station No. 1
Opened in 1905, under Fire Chief J.M. Royston, Barberton’s first fire station (No. 1) still stands to this day at 520 Wooster Road West. Today it is occupied by Barberton Printcraft.
In 1905, the Barberton’s Fire Department consisted of the chief and five men. They also used a network of volunteers to assist on actual fires.
The department’s first fire team was a pair of horses named Cap and Dan. The department traveled all the way to New Philadelphia to find the perfect team.