|Number||Make||Model||Builder Number||Build Date||Service Time||Unit History|
|5408||Alco||RS3||78582||04/1951||1964-1972||ex PRR 5408|
The 5408 was first put into service on the Pennsylvania Railroad under the same road number. In 1964 the A&BB purchased the unit from PRR. The A&BB kept the original road number from PRR but repainted the long hood with A&BBRR. The 5408 was scrapped in 1972 when the A&BB decided to use lease units rather than operate their own locomotives.